Protecting Children-Promoting the Profession
NASW will continue to support a strong federal role in child welfare and adequate funding for child welfare programs, including training programs. NASW will concentrate its efforts on promoting policies that protect the best interests of children, including the use of qualified staff and reasonable workloads that permit adequate contact with children, parents, grandparents, and their families. During the 110th Congress, NASW will focus specifically on legislative proposals to create a well-trained, competent, and stable child welfare workforce and to protect and improve federal child welfare training programs.
- Support Fostering Connections to Success and Increasing Adoptions Act of 2008 !
- Support the Foster Care Medicaid Coverage Act of 2007 (11/15/07)
Updates and Letters
- The President Signs the Fostering Connections to Success and Increasing Adoptions Act of 2008 into Law!
- NASW Co-Signs Letter on HEA (9/06/07)
- Books on Children, Youth, & Families from NASW Press
- Practice: Children, Youth & Families
- JOIN NASW's Child Welfare Section