Schools of Social Work with Military and Veteran Resources
The following schools of social work offer resources for students and social workers interested in learning more and/or developing their careers further as they work with Service Members and/or veterans.
- Council on Social Work Education Advanced Social Work Practice in Military Social Work
- Boston University provides courses on military families, and conducts federally-funded research on military families. These include master of social work online courses.
- California State University East Bay Department of Social Workâ€”Military Social Work Course
- Dominican University Graduate School of Social Workâ€”Military Certificate in Development
- Fayetteville State University
- James Madison University offers a course, “Military Families: Issues and Service” for BSW students and Family Studies minors.
- Monmouth University School of Social Workâ€”Coming Home Project
- National Catholic School of Social Serviceâ€”Military Social Work Content, Specialization, and Initiative Center
- Smith College School for Social Work offers courses in theory, clinical practice, social policy and a WEB based telephonic clinical seminar to our MSW students and a range of CE courses in our Continuing Education program. Smith also offers eight month long clinical internships at Walter Reed National Medical Center and 17 Veterans Administration Hospital settings throughout the country.
- Southern University New Orleansâ€”Military Social Work Courses and Workshops
- SUNY Empire State College â€” Graduate Certificate in Veterans' Services
SUNY Empire State College has created a veteran services certificate program designed specifically for those working with veterans. The vision for this program is to provide relevant graduate level courses to those helping veterans to enable them to act as advocates for the veteran’s community.
- University of Central Florida School of Social Work
- University of Connecticut offers military and veterans content in MSW curriculum and through professional development activities to social workers and other human services professionals.
- University of Illinois School of Social Workâ€”Military Social Work Course
- University of Missouri School of Social Workâ€”Military Social Work Graduate Certificate Program
- University of Nevada, Reno offers education on military and veteran culture through the VetSMART program.The university also offers the master of social work through online courses.
- University of North Carolina Wilmington offers two specialized courses at the BSW and MSW levels on working with active duty military, veterans, and their families.
- University of North Dakota School of Social Work, Graduate Course on work with combat veterans
- University of South Carolina
- University of South Florida School of Social Workâ€”Course on Veterans Reintegration and Resiliency
- University of Southern California School of Social Work
- University of Texas at Arlington offers Military graduate courses, Professional Development Program Military and Veteran Affairs Certificate Program, Student Veteran Project, and Graduate Certificate in Development.
- Yeshiva University Wurzweiler School of Social Workâ€”Military Social Work Course