Human Rights and International Affairs Division
Working for equal opportunity in the U.S. and internationally
The struggle for human rights remains a vital priority for the social work profession in the 21st century. Social workers must promote greater education and awareness of international human rights issues and seek opportunities to actively address social justice issues around the world.
The HR&IA Division aims to:
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with international development agencies, foundations and other organizations to promote social development.
- Advocate and develop provider and public education materials on identified thematic issue areas
- Showcase the social work profession in the international development arena through NASW and its members.
- Further develop and identify funding for special projects and Social Workers Across Nations (SWAN)
- Increase dialogue with and between NASW members to highlight good practices in international social work