ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION VACANCY
ASSOCIATION OF SOCIAL WORKERS, INC.
750 First Street, NE. Ste. 700
Washington, DC 20002
Presently qualified staff are urged to apply
TITLE: Sr. Membership Associate (Union)
Pay Level: VII
DIVISION: Membership, Marketing & Communications (REPORTS TO: Director, Membership)
The Sr. Membership Associate helps NASW ensure superior customer service operations for all its members. The position works daily with the Association's outsourced Membership Services call center and with 55 NASW Chapters to resolve escalated membership problems and connect members with the most relevant benefits and resources.
- Provides prompt and accurate information about individual membership issues and the Association's full range of products and services.
- Initiates appropriate follow-up activity to resolve escalated service issues.
- Researches policies and procedures, documents administrative processes and recommends system improvements. Develops related training for Member Services and other staff.
- Analyzes and reports on member data trends.
- Represents the Association in online member communities.
- Supports recruitment and retention efforts, helping to make the case for the value of Association membership.
- Assists organizational efforts to strengthen integration of membership functions between the NASW National Office and 55 NASW Chapters.
- Reports to the Association's Director, Membership.
- BASIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Handles daily inquiries from members, staff, affiliates and the public on a variety of topics related to NASW, membership records, and the social work profession. These may be telephone or written inquiries, and responses may be by phone or in writing, as appropriate. Serves as first level review on exceptions and requests forwarded from Member Services staff. Tracks member interactions and reconciles complaints to ensure maximum member satisfaction from interactions. Offers recommendations to supervisor for disposition of special requests.
- PROCEDURES: Performs or initiates necessary follow-up work to resolve escalated member inquiries. Informs appropriate staff members when further information or research is needed. Brings problems and potential solutions forward for discussion. Researches details of processes, evaluates the effectiveness of established policies, prepares documentation, and recommends possible improvements.
COMMUNICATION: Prepares and sends correspondence to confirm, inform, and fulfill requests. Develops and maintains a library of standard language for established responses to frequently asked questions. Handles difficult membership problems in a courteous and professional manner.
- Knows when it is appropriate, by using member data files and information related to a current transaction, to suggest or invite the member to consider additional products/services that are logical extensions of the member's inquiry.
- Knows the features of all products and services and their providers/suppliers and can properly reference all benefits and resources, promotional materials, and NASW personnel for additional information.
- TRAINING: Develops training for Member Services and other staff. Maintains the Membership Guide for Standard Operating Procedures. Works with staff to provide training, develop user guides, and recommend tools that enhance staff use of the NASW membership database. Helps Chapter staff resolve membership issues and understand member data.
- DATA: Helps maintain data integrity and improve member records. Uses the member database to log transactions, conduct searches, and generate statistical data and membership reports. Compiles survey data from member contact reports. Works with IT, marketing and finance staff to analyze trends.
- COMMUNITIES: Monitors and supports online communities for different groups of members. Seeks to connect members with relevant resources and with each other.
- MARKETING: Supports membership recruitment and retention efforts to make the case for the value of association membership. Helps coordinate membership campaigns, especially those that enhance the integration of Chapter and National efforts.
- ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- SKILLS: Demonstrated organizational skills. Excellent customer service, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required. Good analytical, problem solving, research and data skills. Must have a customer service orientation and handle details effectively. Must use a data-driven approach, ensuring that strategic efforts are selected based on available evidence.
- KNOWLEDGE: Bachelor's degree required. BSW/MSW encouraged to apply. Working knowledge of database management systems, preferably a membership database system such as iMIS. Working knowledge of office procedures and familiarity with standard office business software applications including SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook and meeting or webinar tools. Knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and required formats sufficient to create correspondence and reports. Knowledge of membership policies and procedures.
- EXPERIENCE: Requires experience in establishing and implementing administrative operating procedures. Data entry, business and report writing. Three to five years of customer service experience in addition to the education requirement preferred. Member association experience preferred.