ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION VACANCY
ASSOCIATION OF SOCIAL WORKERS, INC.
750 First Street, NE. Ste. 700
Washington, DC 20002
Presently qualified staff are urged to apply
TITLE: Database Analyst (Union)
Pay Level: VII (Exempt)
DIVISION: Operations/ IT
Provides technical assistance and maintenance with applications and data requests for all NASW data. Generates reports as required. Assists the Senior Database Developer in maintaining the security and integrity of NASW central databases and websites. Responsible for daily user support and maintenance of all NASW SQL servers and database applications including iMIS, and MS Dynamics. Work activities are performed under general supervision.
BASIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical assistance to national office and chapter staff on database applications in use within NASW. Responds to user requests for assistance when problems arise. Provides support role on projects that involve membership and accounting data.
- Run stored procedures (with preset frequencies) to create reports and deliver the reports to pre-assigned destinations. Assists with operational and day-to-day activities in connection with database and network related issues.
- Assists in programming of data driven applications using SQL programming tools and various web languages.
- Responsible for NASW's mass emailing system to include design, content, data, and analysis.
- Works with confidential databases to create and generate reports from iMIS (CMR), MS Dynamics (Accounting), and Ceridian (Payroll) systems. Troubleshoots and resolves SQL server network and client related issues connected with existing and new databases. Troubleshoots chapter database issues. Acts as key IT lead working with Accounting and Human Resources on departmental systems.
- Administers security for all NASW's Microsoft Sharepoint sites including those for Accounts Payable, Audit, and the Board of Directors.
- Documents in-house and modified off-the-shelf applications in a timely manner
- Assists with implementation of new database related technology hardware upgrades.
- Internal: Work with necessary staff to complete all related tasks.
- External: Work with vendors, contractors and chapters as needed.
Work is performed in an office environment.
- Skills: Excellent computer skills including: Microsoft Access programming, SQL server, SQL programming, VB/VBA Scripts, HTML, XML, Java or Java Script, and Crystal Reports. Exposure to ASP .NET programming. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge: MCDB certification or equivalent relevant experience required. Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field or equivalent relevant experience required.
- Experience: Requires four to five years related experience in addition to the education requirement. Must have exposure to accounting and association CMR application (preferably MS Dynamics and iMIS).